Jessica Moniz's Reviews > Heaven's Wager

Heaven's Wager by Ted Dekker

Aug 05, 11

bookshelves: own-it
Read from July 04 to 10, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Going into this book I knew it was Dekker's first work, and I was expecting something like his more recent works (Bride Collector, Thr3e, etc) and I was kind of disappointed. I found the book hard to get through, it felt more like I was reading it for school than out of enjoyment, but once things started picking up after the death of his wife, and son, and the whole bank robbery scheme came into play, I was definitely more interested. My favorite character had to be Helen, although at first the whole 'seeing and hearing heaven' threw me a bit, she grew on me and her faith was inspiring. The end of the book is what pushed my rating from a 3.5 to a 4 star, because the overall message of the book, and Kent just having such an experience really made it worth it. Ted Dekker still remains one of my favorite authors and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this trilogy 'When Heaven Weeps"
God bless ♥
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven's Wager.

07/06/2011 page 21
07/06/2011 page 54
14.0% "This book is a little hard to get into, but may I just say... KENT IS A JERK! Seriously! I am NOT liking him at all! SPOILER He gets a telegram his wife is in the hospital and quickly deteriorating, and his first thought is "Oh good timing, I hope she'll still be able to travel to Paris tomorrow, this is just no planned" GAH! Lets hope he sees a LOT of growth as the story moves forward"