Tressa 's Reviews > On The Gathering Storm

On The Gathering Storm by Jason McIntyre

Mar 20, 11

bookshelves: friend-recommendations, 2011, kindle-titles-for-loan, kindle, serial-killers, rape, kidnapping
Read from February 09 to March 20, 2011

I had high expectations for this book, but it fell flat for me. Normally I appreciate how an author builds up a character by giving background on his/her life, but this book annoyed me by flashing back to the past too often and didn't dwell on the present enough. Unlike, say, Gonzalez's Survivor, I didn't get a feel for the terrifying things happening to the victim, and I didn't feel the anxiousness about her kidnapped situation as I've felt in books with a similar plot. There were times I felt as discombobulated as the drugged up girl and didn't really understand what was going on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On The Gathering Storm.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trace (new) - added it

Trace this book seems to get some good reviews, I might put this in my wishlist!

message 2: by Trace (new) - added it

Trace ps, that's how I felt reading Apeshit and I do have a strong stomach or thought I did!

Tressa I started getting into the meat of the story last night, and it reminds me of The Summer I Died, but with a woman as the victim.

Why the fuck do characters do such dangerous, stupid shit in horror books?! Sometimes it's very hard to feel sorry for them.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl I started this book but didn't finish it. I might pick it up again sometime.

Tressa How come you didn't finish it? I loved Shed by the same author, but this one just didn't do it for me. I didn't connect with the girl for some reason.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl well for one thing it's an ebook - not as easy to read for me. I'll still try it again. I haven't read anything else by the author but I know him from Goodreads. On the Gathering Storm got some shining reviews on goodreads so I wanted to give it a try.

Tressa Yeah, the reviews it got is why I decided to read it. It's not bad and you may love it, but it just didn't click with me.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl I need to finish it and find out :-)

Tressa Well, good luck with that.

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Well, Thank You :-)

message 11: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy I'm having a hard time even getting into this one. Not sure if it's even worth my time to finish.

Tressa Kristy, I felt the same way, but I did finish it. His Shed is very good.