Princess Bookie's Reviews > The Demon Trapper's Daughter

The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver

Apr 30, 11

bookshelves: read2011
Read from April 05 to 06, 2011

My Thoughts: We are introduced to Riley Blackthorne and her father Paul. Paul is an experienced Demon Trapper and Riley is following right in his footprints. She is a daddy's girl and wants to be just like him. She wants to make him proud. I liked the whole concept of this book. It was very interesting to say the least. Paul and Riley are part of a guild and they trap demon's. There are different levels of demons who are more powerful than others.

There are many characters throughout this book. There is Beck who is a few years older than Riley and whom she used to have a crush on. Paul trains him. He also has served in the army. He is very protective of Riley after the incident with her dad happens. I could tell he definitely cared for her. Than there is Simon. Simon is a really nice guy and Riley starts to really like him. He is the complete opposite of Beck. He's more careful and watches out on everything he does. Next up is Peter, Riley's best friend. We don't really know too much about Peter except that Riley always talks to him on the phone.

There are also other demon trapper's, angels, demons throughout the book. Not all is what it seems. There are many nights that Riley has to guard her dad so he doesn't get taken away. The demon's know Riley by name (this isn't normal), and something is off with the holy water.

The Demon Trapper's Daughter was a very good book, its not like anything else I have read. Its different but very interesting!

Overall: I really enjoyed this one! It was kind of strange but in a good way. I almost passed up on reading it but I'm glad I did and I'm looking forward to book 2.

Cover: The cover is neat. Its kind of plain but still neat.

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes

________________________

Review Based On Softcover Edition

Taken from Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon Trapper's Daughter.

04/06/2011 page 300