Lauren's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

Feb 07, 2011

bookshelves: i-own, harry-potter
Read from June 15 to August 17, 2015

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Quotes Lauren Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?"
"Yes."
"You called her a liar?"
"Yes."
"You told her He Who Must Not Be Named is back?"
"Yes."
"Have a biscuit, Potter.”

J.K. Rowling
“You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts...but you cannot deny he's got style...”

J.K. Rowling
“Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.”

06/15/2015 marked as: currently-reading
06/15/2015 page 65
8.0% "Angry Harry is annoying."
06/16/2015 page 78
10.0% "I just love cats being cats in books."
06/16/2015 page 88
11.0% ""So you're trying to stop him getting more followers?" I read this as Twitter followers. The Internet has ruined me."
06/16/2015 page 94
12.0% ""Yeah, size is no guarantee of power," said George. "Look at Ginny." I forgot Book Ginny was such a badass."
06/16/2015 page 95
12.0% "I'd have loved helping Sirius (and Mrs. Weasley) clean up the Black house. We could VACUUM and CLEAN and REORGANIZE! Awesome. No magic needed."
06/16/2015 page 102
13.0% ""I asked what you were up to," said Sirius coldly. "Every time you show up pretending to be cleaning, you sneak something off to your room so we can't throw it out." Kreacher is my dad. I mean, my dad does this too. Freaking hoarder he is."
06/17/2015 page 110
14.0% ""He would come back here to Grimmauld Place and live with Sirius." I'M ALREADY CRYING"
06/17/2015 page 113
14.0% "I have decided that Tonks is a new favourite character of mine. Fits well with my #1 favourite, Lupin."
06/18/2015 page 145
18.0% "I love how smart and strong-willed and honest Hermione is."
06/18/2015 page 160
20.0% "This scene with Mrs Weasley and the Boggart... You all know what I'm talking about. SO SAD." 1 comment
06/18/2015 page 165
21.0% ""But the great black dog gave a joyful bark and gamboled around them, snapping at pigeons and chasing its own tail. Harry couldn't help laughing. Sirius had been trapped inside for a long time." Well, someone should've taken Padfoot out for a walk... Poor thing."
06/18/2015 page 188
24.0% ""Dumbledore sat down neatly and three his long beard over his shoulder so as to keep it out of the way of his plate" I'm picturing this and it looks fabulous. I freaking love Dumbledore."
07/17/2015 page 195
25.0% ""Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan had reached the dormitory first (...). They had been talking as Harry pushed open the door but stopped abruptly the moment they saw him. Harry wondered whether they had been taking about him, then whether he was being paranoid." They were talking about whether to make out now or later."
07/17/2015 page 203
26.0% ""With a whoosh and a clatter, hundreds of owls came soaring in through the upper windows. They descended all over the Hall, bringing letters and packages to their owners (...)" [casey neistat voice] it's mail time"
07/21/2015 page 227
29.0% ""Crookshanks uncoiled himself from an armchair and trotted to meet them, purring loudly, and when Harry, Ron and Hermione took their three favourite chairs at the fireside he leapt lightly on to Hermione's lap and curled up there like a furry ginger cushion." THIS IS MY FAVOURITE PART OF ALL THE PARTS." 1 comment
07/24/2015 page 252
32.0% "I forgot how evil Umbridge was..." 2 comments
07/26/2015 page 295
38.0% ""and all three of them had managed to Vanish their mice during Transfiguration (Hermione had actually progressed to Vanishing kittens)" WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT"
07/26/2015 page 339
44.0% ""Dumbledore said something like this was happening last year. He said that when Voldemort was near me, or when he was feeling hatred, I could tell. Well, now I'm feeling it when he's pleased, too..." I wonder if Harry can tell when Voldy and Bellatrix are getting it on..." 4 comments
08/12/2015 page 490
63.0% ""Dumbledore trusts him," Hermione repeated. "And if we can't trust Dumbledore, we can't trust anyone." So... You can't trust anyone."
08/15/2015 page 592
77.0% "Why can't Harry just walk up to Snape and be like, "Hey, sorry that happened to you. But no matter how much I look like him, I am not my father. Stop being an asshat to me."" 1 comment
08/15/2015 page 595
77.0% "Give her hell from us, Peeves."
08/17/2015 page 697
90.0% "I forgot about this baby head thing..."
08/17/2015 page 712
92.0% "Well, fuck. I did not expect to get this emotional AGAIN. Knowing what was going to happen and all..." 1 comment
08/17/2015 page 713
93.0% "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether I hate Umbridge or Bellatrix more. Voldemort isn't even that bad compared to them..." 1 comment
08/17/2015 page 764
99.0% "Over her shoulder he saw Ron goggling at the twins' new clothes. "What are they supposed to be?" he asked, pointing at the jackets. "Finest dragon skin, little bro'," said Fred, giving his zip a little tweak. "Business is booming and we thought we'd great ourselves." TREAT YO SELF" 1 comment
08/18/2015 marked as: read