Ana Lucía's Reviews > Bloodlines

Bloodlines by Lindsay Anne Kendal

Feb 23, 11

Read from February 07 to 16, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. I was hooked from the beginning because I didn’t know what Keira was or what her gift was, until I was given a hint in the first chapter.

Keira is looking for answers about her past and why she is hearing voices, but soon she realizes that maybe this wasn’t the wisest decision.

I really liked that there was a big group of characters – all of them playing an important part to the story. I connected with each one of them. At some points the dynamic of the group reminded me of “The Secret Circle” by L.J. Smith – in that they care deeply for each other.

At first I thought my favorite character would be Lucian – he is such a gentleman – but halfway through the book I completely fell for Tyler. He is funny and easygoing, among other things. I won’t reveal more as I don’t want to spoil the book for you.

Every chapter was full with mystery and made me want to know more and try to figure out everything that was going on. I didn’t know what to expect.

There were some slow chapters and some parts I didn’t think were key to the story. And I was a little confused by the way they spoke. I wasn’t sure at first, if the characters were British or if the story was set in the United States or England, but once I figured it out everything began to flow in the right direction.

Definitely the last third of the book was the most exciting. At the end I was nearly screaming out in frustration because it leaves you wanting more, and many questions were unanswered. I, personally, can’t wait for the next installment.

I laughed, and the story brought me to tears at some point. (I definitely didn’t see that one coming.) I felt like I was reading something similar to the TV show Supernatural – it reminds me a lot of this show and you gotta love Supernatural, don’t you? So definitely give Bloodlines a try and stick with it to the end because you won’t be disappointed.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodlines.