Jared's Reviews > The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary

The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn

Sep 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from February 06 to September 09, 2011

A short, easy read, I was impressed by the story of Fred the postman going above and beyond his job duties to take care of his customers, not because anyone was making him, but because he had a genuine love for what he did and those he served. This book outlines principles everyone to do to increase their own personal satisfaction and "Fred Factor" in their lives. The subtitle, "How passion in your wok and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary" really sums it up nicely as well as the final two paragraphs of the book:

"What makes any act extraordinary is doing it with hear. What makes any life extraordinary is living it with love.

That's the secret of the Fred Factor."

While I enjoyed this book, I was a bit underwhelmed by this as a whole. Good principles and good ideas, but could have been twice as short and I would have enjoyed it more. Also, really liked the appendix in this book as it provided a nice summary of what I can personally to on my journey to become more like a Fred.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fred Factor.

02/06/2011 page 16