Jerilin's Reviews > Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela

Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela by Felicia Watson

Feb 07, 11

bookshelves: e-book-owned, contemporary, read-in-2011, m-m-discrimination-drama-gay-crime, in-the-closet
Recommended for: M/M romance fans that like long angsty stories
Read in February, 2011 — I own a copy

I went back and forth between 3 and 3.5 stars on this one. It's somewhere in between,imo. The basic outline of the story is well thought out and I loved the angst and struggles between Logan and Nick...I wanted to slap Logan several times because of how closeted he was and how resilient to change he was....quite a stubborn and hard to read character--requires a lot of patience to stick with. I understand why he's closeted because of his background but maybe I just don't relate to someone who's in so much denial...There is a lot going on in this book and that is both a good thing and a bad. There is so many problems and things to resolve that the book is a little too consumed with this. (view spoiler) M/m romance fans who like lots of angst and problems that take forever to resolve will love this one--but I feel it went a little bit on the extreme side and kind of overdid it in that category. I would have preferred a little more descriptive sex--although (view spoiler) This book really needs a sequel as their is so many old wounds and hurts to heal that you aren't left with much HEA without everyone struggling with problems all the time. I'd love to read a sequel that shows the characters in a better place emotionally that has a little more raunch in it...these two characters are written very well in the sense that it's super hot that two muscled attractive men are working on this car together (view spoiler) Despite the downfalls,imo this is a emotional fun read that I would recommend....just not top of the stack. (imo)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Allegheny Meets the Monongahela.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Jerilin,

I'm sorry you found WAMM somewhat lacking but I *really* do want to thank you for the detailed feedback and taking the time to both read and review.

Felicia