Carrie Kellenberger's Reviews > Towers of Midnight

2048986
Jul 24, 12

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from July 07 to 24, 2012

There is so much going on in Towers of Midnight, I could barely keep up. I don't see how Brandon Sanderson will ever be able to finish this series, but I sure am enjoying being along for the ride! (Minus the aching fingers from holding such a tomb of a book. I pulled it out of my purse the other day to search for something and my friends' eyes nearly popped out of their heads when they saw how big the book is.) It's hard to believe I've been invested in this series for the past 20 years!

Perrin and Mat's taveren abilities have drawn them even further into the story and we're now starting to see the part that they will play in the Last Battle. Both characters learned a lot about themselves in Book 13 #2 and they have started to accept who they have become. I felt that Sanderson spent a bit too much on Perrin and his wolf dreams, but I loved Mat's journey to the Tower of Ghenjei, especially now that Moraine is back!

One of my favorite characters is Aviendha, so while I was happy that she entered the story a bit here, I didn't really see the point of only devoting one or two chapters to her. I can't wait for her and Rand to be reunited. I'm curious to see how all three women (Elayne, Min and Aviendha) are going to come back into his life.

At the end of the novel, Rand's armies are gathering together for the Last Battle, and many of the characters have been reunited. Can't wait for book 13 part 3!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Towers of Midnight.