Nenia Campbell's Reviews > Milkrun

2190064
Dec 28, 14

bookshelves: squee, everyone-hates-it-but-nenia, publisher-mira
Read from February 06 to 12, 2011

it's so hard to find a down-to-earth chicklit heroine who comes across as genuine, but sarah mlynowski has it down pat. i enjoyed reading her other book, fishbowl, so much, that i immediately decided that i HAD to read all of her other books, too. so you can imagine my delight when i found this book at the used bookstore for a dollar. oh, boy. best dollar purchase i ever made towards chicklit. first off, all of the friends in this book are people that you KNOW. the man have issues, but they're believable issues easy to relate to. the main character, jacky, is likable but flawed. she's slobby, feeling rejected but wanting to bounce back (instead of going all psycho-ex), self-conscious, and funny. she's also really intelligent, and scatter-brained. at places in the book, i kept thinking, 'god, she sounds just like me.'

don't get me wrong- i like chicklit like bridget jones and confessions of a shopaholic that have eccentric women in outlandish situations, but sometimes it's nice to have something that hits a little closer to home. most women over 20 will be able to relate to this book with ease.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Milkrun.