Jenny's Reviews > Ransom

Ransom by Julie Garwood

Feb 07, 11

Hello all, gotta say this book is one of the cream of the crop books. the characters are memorable, funny, and each actually has a definite feel to them. A real character that could really be played out. It literally played out in my head like a smoothly filmed movie. A historical, romantic, comedy about two very hard headed men who happen to be lairds of clans in Scotland. One, Brodick, is a no non-sence, clear cut black and white, right and wrong type of guy that doesn't really have much patience for those that do not agree with him, but is trying to learn that patience from his friend, Ramsey. Ramsey is a patient man but seems to lose sight of whats in front of him, while worrying about the bigger picture. To me, the funniest of the group is Gillian. The English woman, who has fled from her captors to find someone from her past, only to end up getting seriously wounded trying to save a small boy from a horrible end. I won't get too much into, but she happens to be one of those women that can stand as a protector but in the end welcomes being protected. This story is very endearing and I love that you get to see what happened to the characters from the previous book as well. I really do recommend this book and its just another one of those books that I have read over and over.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ransom.