Jenny's Reviews > The Secret

The Secret by Julie Garwood

Feb 07, 11

This book was written so well that I talked about it with my husband. I just had to tell him the story. He isn't into romance novels of course and is more into cars, computers, and gaming. I couldn't help myself though. I love historical romance and I love Scotland. This was very well done and it not only entertained me but also educated me on some things I didn't know about clan life. For instance there is part in the book where he explains what the threads in his plaid mean. You can tell what clan a person is from just from those plaids and sometimes right down to the family they come from. I loved the characters. They seemed like people you wouldn't mind knowing, or that you might already know. This of course led me to read the next book, "Ransom", which carries the story on and you get to see how Judith, Ian, and Frances-Cathrine are doing. Let me put it this way, I've read these books over and over and I probably will read them again. Its like "Sleepless in Seatle". How many times have you seen that movie and how many times do you think you'll watch it in the future. Its a classic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret.