Lyndsey's Reviews > Finnikin of the Rock

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finnikin of the Rock.

02/06/2011 page 25
6.0% "ALOT of backstory so far. Hopefully it picks up."
02/20/2011 page 88
21.0% "Not really getting into it just yet. It's not you, Finnikin. It's me. I swear!" 9 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey Apparently, this book is EPIC *motions for everyone to jump on the bandwagon* WAGON PARTY!!!!!

message 2: by Nic (new) - added it

Nic LOL. I don't think I can be on two bandwagons at the same time. Still riding the Fever one :)

message 3: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie I will take note ;) Seems to have good reviews.

message 4: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey Cassie, I've heard great things too. So it better be good!

What do you mean, Nic? You aren't capable of being in two places at once?! Or, uh, reading two books at the exact same time? LOL It's okay though. I left my heart with the Fever bandwagon. ^^

Anila It is EPIC, but the backstory is part of the epicness. And the climax/conclusion can be a bit baffling and draggy. But still epic.

message 6: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey Yeah, I really don't mind backstory and some dragging as long as the overall story and characters are worth it in the end.

Anila Well, hopefully you'll find that they are. It's obviously a subjective thing, but my fingers are crossed for you.

He is that, but I prefer the sword cover, personally. Finnikin wasn't ever a character that I wanted or needed to visualize- this being perhaps due to the fact that the romance plays second fiddle to the rest of the plot- and the sword one looks awesome.

message 8: by Lyndsey (last edited Feb 06, 2011 05:13PM) (new) - added it

Lyndsey LOL. NOOOOO! Don't do it! Don't jump off. Pleeeeeease. Stay on! We wouldn't want you to hurt yourself, now...

Flannery Every time people mention bandwagons, I think of Oregon Trail. Anyone want to go hunting?

P.S. If you broke your arm or got dysentery, Lyndsey, I would go at breakneck speed with meager rations and let you die. And I wouldn't stop to rest.

Flannery MY MOM told me that lol. She was really excited about it:-)

message 11: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey I LOVE OREGON TRAIL - and that's so mean, Flann. Remind me not give you a share of all the bazillions of dollars worth of gold I find when I go panning in the river!

Alexa The boy on the cover of this edition is cute! He's not on my version: it just has a very shiny and sweet-looking sword.

Have you seen the US book trailer? That Finnikin looks good too. ;)

Flannery What can I say? I need to get there before the rainy season. You KNOW caulking the wagon and floating takes more time than fording it.

message 14: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey I hope you sink....

message 15: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey And NO I haven't seen the cutie in the book trailer! Where? Where?!

message 17: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey Oooh Thanks, Alexa! He is cute. The hair looks a little Frodo-esque but his face and eyes are gorgeous!

message 18: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie Flannery wrote: "Every time people mention bandwagons, I think of Oregon Trail. Anyone want to go hunting?

Oh man that's incredible, I was just thinking about that game the other day when someone mention survival. haha

message 19: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim I'm reading this, but I need to be in the right mood, or I won't finish. All my friends love it, and I love Marchetta's books. I don't want to ruin it for myself.

message 20: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey I know what you mean. I'm not far but just about every few pages I'm like OH MY GAWD, ANOTHER BACKSTORY?!?!?!

message 21: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim Hehe. I'm still at the mountain climbing part. Or something.

message 22: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim Hehe Tommy, let me know when you reach the... the... wherever it is they are going.

message 23: by Mayomi (new) - added it

Mayomi I'm so on the bandwagon party for this, just started reading it:) Happy reading darl

message 24: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey All right, Mayomi! I just love bandwagons. ;-)

message 25: by Corinne (new) - added it

Corinne Can't wait to read your review since I'm thinking hard about buying it !

message 26: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey Thanks, Corinne. I'm having a really hard time with it so far. I'm trying to keep pushing through, but it's due back to the library this week. I just don't know if I have the willpower to stick with it, right now. It's not bad by any means, just difficult.

message 27: by Mayomi (new) - added it

Mayomi Aww, I hope you get to finish it before then. I couldn't put the book down while I was reading it