Jocelynne Broderick's Reviews > Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever

Thirst No. 2 by Christopher Pike

Feb 06, 11

Read in February, 2011

All 3 books I've read have melded into one big story in my mind, as is usual for me with series. So I will put this as the review on all 3.

It bothered me that just because Alisa/Sita is 5000 years old, she seems incapable of emotions, except when they suit her or as a means to an end. Sure, she is or was relatively solitary, but would basic human emotions be so easily forgotten? And what did she do before the books began, didn't she ever come into contact with humans, except to feed?

We were never privvy to her capabilities until an extraordinary situation presented itself, then she was like "I can fly an Apache helicopter" or "I'm an expert with explosives". But why did she need to be prior to Yakush looking for her???

I grew tired of her whole story in the middle of the third book, but I was invested. I had to finish it out. And now I'm like "crap, when's the 4th coming out?" It seems she's got a lot of explaining to do...which will probably be explained away as "I can do that, cuz I'm a vampire". Oh well. I'll keep reading. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Read a few months ago, just now updating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirst No. 2.