Elijah Kinch Spector's Reviews > Deathstalker War

Deathstalker War by Simon R. Green

Dec 08, 13

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Read from September 15 to October 19, 2013

I'm enjoying the first book, and I found the whole series for very cheap at Housing Works. The need for completion is a strong one in me, and knowing that Housing Works is a charity I'm always a little more willing to just buy without thinking there, so now I've got the whole thing. Yet to see if I'll actually read it all.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deathstalker War.

09/15/2013 marked as: currently-reading
09/15/2013 page 10
1.0% ""Cyberdruid"!"
09/17/2013 page 62
11.0% "Green's prose isn't always the greatest, but he sure can do delicious fantasy violence on the kind of one-dimensional jerks who deserve it."
09/17/2013 page 77
14.0% ""Bartok didn't believe in emotions, especially his own.""
09/17/2013 page 85
16.0% "So glad that Toby and Flynn are back for this book. In a series full of over-powered super warriors, the chubby, intrepid reporter and his stoic, subversive cameraman are delightful."
09/23/2013 page 146
27.0% "I love how many acts of heroism in this battle come from small or unnamed characters, in ways that mean no one (including the heroes) will ever know about them."
09/23/2013 page 146
10/03/2013 page 203
38.0% "This artificially engineered pleasure planet gone very wrong has a smiley face on its sun. That's the kind of bizarre detail that makes this series great."
10/03/2013 page 206
39.0% "And this shit get crazier."
10/04/2013 page 238
45.0% "So this is already one of the weirdest, most surreal and horrifying and funny worlds I've ever seen in space opera, and now they're gonna do Heart of Darkness there?"
10/09/2013 page 300
57.0% "Well. That was the strangest fucking riff on Heart of Darkness that I've ever experienced."
10/11/2013 page 344
65.0% "Starting to wonder if partway through the series, Green realized he'd really wanted to write a story about journalists covering an intergalactic rebellion. Toby and Flynn are the only characters in every part of this book."
10/16/2013 page 404
77.0% ""It was beginning to look as though all their hopes now depended on a small group of heroes and legends..." You don't say!"
10/19/2013 page 470
89.0% "Weirdly, it's when the book gets to the big climactic battles that it gets the most plodding? That doesn't make sense."
10/19/2013 marked as: read