Marzie's Reviews > One Salt Sea

One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire

Sep 11, 11

Read in September, 2011

Everything changes... And this was a transitional book in the Toby series. A book about love and loss, honor and infamy, motherhood (from at least four different perspectives), letting go when you have to and saving what you can. (Note to Author: I see what you did there, making me love The Luidaeg and Tybalt and Toby and May even more. It makes me patient enough to wait a whole year for the next Toby book while trembling slightly at the thought of just what '*Ashes* of Honor' might entail.)

Seanan McGuire continues to give us a strong female lead, men who love her by letting her be herself, friends who support her in ways she needs to be supported and an interesting examination of the surprisingly unlimited boundaries friendship, motherhood, madness, hatred and love in her Fae world.

Readers should consider reading 'Through This House' in the Anthology Home Improvement: Undead Edition to enrich their sense of where Toby is at the start of 'One Salt Sea', although it's not necessary to the main theme of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Salt Sea.

Quotes Marzie Liked

Seanan McGuire
“I squared my shoulders, trying to ignore the fact that I was standing in the apartment of the sea witch, wearing a fairy-tale prom gown, waiting for the attack of the mermaids.”
Seanan McGuire, One Salt Sea

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali I can't agree with this more. One Salt Sea is so very rich.

Marzie I am fascinated by all the different levels of depth on the theme of motherhood in this book. There is great depth in this book.