Laura Rittenhouse's Reviews > The Inadequate Conception: From Barry White to Blastocytes: What Your Mom Didn't Tell You about Getting Pregnant

The Inadequate Conception by Lori Green LeRoy

Feb 08, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from February 06 to 09, 2011

This is a fun book. The subject: couples who are “fertility challenged” yet still trying for parenthood, might seem a bit daunting, especially for those of us who have chosen not to have children, but Lori Green LeRoy has a way with words and storytelling that kept me not just interested but entertained as well.

Via a collection of anecdotes woven through the story of her experiences, the author allows the reader a brief insight into the drama, pain and yes, humor of the fertility treatment world. She freely shares her struggles and laughter as well as those of people she’s met on her journey.

The Inadequate Conception had me marveling at the options science and old wife’s tales offer couples who would do (almost) anything for a child, chuckling at the situations that result when they try to execute those options and mourning the sometimes disappointing results.

Fun, interesting, enlightening but most importantly a very real book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inadequate Conception.

Karen Rittenhouse I agree. Loved the book. Chuckled all the way through.