Jamie 's Reviews > Whispering Rock

Whispering Rock by Robyn Carr

Mar 06, 11

bookshelves: e-books, romance, read-feb11
Read in March, 2011

** spoiler alert ** OMG! I LOVE Robyn Carr! Or at least I LOVE this series so far! I really am glad that I found this series. I found this book to be full of humor **TINY SPOILER ALERT** (Preacher announces to his Marine buddies he isn't going hunting cause it's ovulation day) **END SPOILER** , Men getting into trouble with their wives (see spoiler), as well as the original cast with a few new cast members thrown in.

Mike and Brie are both the victim's of tragic crimes and their courtship and romance through out the book is very sweet and very touching. I loved how they both ended up relying on each other to get through their hardships. Another aspect that I really enjoyed was when Mike would say things to Brie in Spanish and didn't realize that she's pretty much fluent in the language.

Then there's a deeper look in to Mel and Jacks' relationship. There's more challenge's coming for these two. They've been very bsusy people. ;) Then Jack get's himself in trouble AGAIN...He's not handling the fact that his baby sister might have feeling for Mike.

One of my favorite scenes was when Vanni makes Paul (her husband's best friend) watch a birthing video with her because she wants him there when she has her baby. To say that Paul reverted back to about 3 years old and on the verge of a temper tantrum is an under statement. FUNNY STUFF!

There were a few sad parts too. There have been a series of date rapes happening and Mike as the new town constable is working on the case. Those parts were a little hard to read. Then there is the death of Vanni's husband, and active duty Marine. A very sad reality.

RATING:

4.75/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispering Rock.