Lady Raven RAVE!'s Reviews > Captive Bride

Captive Bride by Johanna Lindsey

Feb 05, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, favorites

I like it its a historical romance and that's how it was back then..I admit he was a little harsh and crass at times but I really did like the ending..

Most historical romance novels were like that and I have read worst with actual rape not nearly raped. if you can't handle this book then you should go for that romance candle light dinner thing like harlequin present books, (not hating on harlequin books I love them). But other than that, I thought the book was good and not bad for Johanna's early work

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive Bride.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Isha exactly my thoughts. i am just so sick of these awful reviews. a 'bodice ripper' is supposed to be a book where the heroine is violated.readers should really check out the back story and the genre of such books,before starting them.

Lady Raven RAVE! Isha wrote: "exactly my thoughts. i am just so sick of these awful reviews. a 'bodice ripper' is supposed to be a book where the heroine is violated.readers should really check out the back story and the genre ..."

I soooo agree. I really love this book, a true bodice ripper. And we get the meaning.

Isha you should try 'devil's embrace'.its similar to this one, but much better.

Lady Raven RAVE! Isha wrote: "you should try 'devil's embrace'.its similar to this one, but much better."

Thanks, whose the author?

By Catherine Coulter. I've read one of her books growing up. But will definitely try. Thanks, Isha.

Isha catherine coulter. do let me know what you think.

oh and also , if you can stand the more brutal ones, try "wicked loving lies"-rosemary rogers
And "stormfire"-christine monson.
i may be going overboard with the recommendations, but i just love these books.:)

Lady Raven RAVE! Isha wrote: "catherine coulter. do let me know what you think.

And "stormfire"-christine monson.
i may be going ov..."

I will let you know. I I'm going to burn for this but the rougher the better :0) . Thanks for the recommends.

Isha Oh yes, some of these books are very exasperating..you're welcome.

Lady Raven RAVE! Isha wrote: "Oh yes, some of these books are very exasperating..you're welcome."

Did you also read the follow up Devil's Daughter? How was that?

Lady Raven RAVE! OMG, I'm going to go on and on. Have you read Virginia Henley's Enslave. Not as hardcore but still really good.

message 11: by Isha (new) - rated it 2 stars

Isha no i havnt read devil's daughter.its about their children and its two parallel stories , and i didnt think i was up for that, at the time.
and no , i havnt read enslaved, is it a good?

i am reading 'captive bride' right now. and wait , dont you think the female is sort of annoying. i mean she's all "i hate you" 50 times, its like her vocabulary is very limited.lol. also they dont even explain why they love each other or how it really happened, whatsup with that ? but i like it anyhow. and since the captor wasnt really that mean to her at all , so i guess his character can be redeemed.

Lady Raven RAVE! Yea, she's young so she is annoying but later she will get a little bit better but it's still a good story. The book Enslaved, I thought It was good. I don't really like too many time travel, but it's historical, and the female ended up in ancient Rome further back in time. The roman guy held captive-ish heheh have her wear erotic outfits things like that. I think I wrote a review on it. You can have a look see. If look look at the reviews for the book let me know what you think.

message 13: by Isha (new) - rated it 2 stars

Isha i just finished 'captive bride' and you're right, it does get better once they're all in the same house. even though she's like captain obvious,not a touch of subtlety to her.But she did mature once she had the baby.and i did like the book. :)
and Enslaved sounds very interesting,is it a bodice ripper or a general historical romance?

Lady Raven RAVE! No not bodice ripper, but it has the same captive, do as I say thing going lol...