Wendy (wluvsbooks)'s Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 1: Bonds of Hate

The Invisible Chains - Part 1 by Andrew Ashling

4291941
Dec 04, 11

bookshelves: app-kindle, loanable, series, 5stars, genre-historical, sex-partner-mm, sex-dubcon-noncon
Read from November 21 to 29, 2011

Wow, what can you say to do adequate justice in a review for something as masterfully crafted as this story? I’m not sure, so rather than screw it up, I’ll keep it simple!

The amount of imagination and detail that went into building a fantasy world centered on the kingdom of Ximerion and developing a plot with tons of complexity (twists and turns, subplots, etc.) as portrayed in this book just boggles my brain. The cast of characters is large, but every one of them enriches the story. Some you’d love to hate, and some you hate to love - no one is quite who they seem to be!

Expect the unexpected, pay heed to the warnings, and get ready for a dark journey alongside Anaxantis. He’ll wring all kinds of emotions out of you – pity, indignation, love, hate, and fear as well as admiration and respect. I’m definitely hooked and along for the ride. I don’t know if I look forward to, or cringe to think what the future might hold for Ehandar. The dynamic between the two of them is most unusual indeed.

If you love books with intricate plot lines that will keep you guessing, imperfect characters that grow on you and make you care despite their shortcomings, and storytelling that keeps your eyes glued to the pages, then don’t miss this one – it’s all that and so much more!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 1.