Chessa's Reviews > Working for the Devil

Feb 10, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: series, paranormal-urban-fantasy
Read in February, 2008

3.5 out of 5 stars. Page turning tale of Dante Valentine, a "necromance" (she can raise the dead for consult) is forced to take a job from the devil to find and kill a rogue demon. Along for the ride is the devil's right-hand-man, Japhrimel, and her other "psionic" friends, who range from another necromance, to a dirtwitch and a shaman. It was an interesting book that had me hooked to see what was coming next, but I'm ultimately left feeling a little used and worn out by the ending. I'll have to see how the next book in the series fares (there are 5 total).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Working for the Devil.

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Actually, Book One (Working for the Devil) and Book Two (Dead Man Rising) read as part one and part two of the same novel. You will absolutely LOVE "Dead Man Rising." It satisfies every question you could ever have from "Working for the Devil" and more. Very, very satisfying novel (grin).

Chessa Good to know. I was just so irritated by the major downer ending after such an adrenaline-filled story. Glad to know that we get some closure in the next volume. :)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Yeah, depression is a common response to that ending. But, believe me, your get total relief from the next novel. It is sooooo good (grin)!!