Emily's Reviews > Need

Need by Carrie Jones

F_50x66
Feb 05, 11

Read in January, 2010

Books in Series (So Far :)
1. Need
2. Captivate
3. Entice

Title and Cover:
I love how all the covers for all the series books go so beautifully together and they really covey the story and how. The titles at first don;t make sense, but in the 3rd book they are explained and are just perfect!

Summary:
Zara's stepfather has died, her mother isn't capable of caring for her, and she has been sent to live with her grandmother in a small remote town in Maine. When her car spins out of control (Calling Stephenie Meyer!), she's rescued by sexy Nick (who turns out to be a werewolf), and something might be cooking with her overachieving classmate Ian. Too bad she's being followed by someone dark and dangerous—a pixie king. This pixie is no harmless sprite: when not mated with a queen for an unspecified amount of time, Zara learns, the pixie kings will demand... young human men, who they kill after using them for their blood-hungry pleasures. Will Zara sacrifice herself to this vampire stand-in or let him destroy everything she loves?

My Thoughts:
Great Book!!! The characters had so much...charisma. I couln't help but laugh everytime issie was around she was like a little puppy. Towards the end thought i got fed up with Zara, she kept on going on and on about nick and quite frankly I'm on team Astley because he seems to always be there for Zara, protecting her, but not stopping her from doing something she needs to do and I'm just so sad i have to wait til 2012 for the next book :(. Well anyways Go Team Astley!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Need.