Jessica's Reviews > Mieradome

4192573
Feb 28, 2011

liked it
Read from February 12 to 21, 2011

This book started out a little slow for me. It was slightly confusing but I kept with it and despite the fact that it was not an easy or fast read, it was pretty good...especially if you like books about fairies!

Amavia has grown up thinking she is a normal human. Then she starts having dreams and ends up back in Mieradome (a Fairyland), dragging her two siblings with her. There Amavia must save Mieradome by recovering "The Light" and along the way she meets dragons and fairies and other strange and mystical beings. As they travel through this strange world, Amavia and her siblings grow and change.

My favorite character was Caiden (maybe because this is also my son's name)! However, I was torn between him and Garin when it comes to the romance. Caiden was just made to be adorable and immediatley steal your heart.

I thought some of the scenes were confusing. Some of them (like the fight) ended too quickly and were completely unrealistic and sometimes I thought the story dragged on a little long. The world of Mieradome was very detailed and I could imagine it easily, which was fun. I liked the variety of mythical beings in the story as well.

If you like fantasies, you should try reading this book. It's not the easiest read but I certainly think it is worth the effort in the end!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mieradome.