Eileen's Reviews > Turning Back the Clock

Turning Back the Clock by John Fitch V.

Feb 11, 11

Read from February 09 to 11, 2011

I'd like to give it 5 stars on concept. The idea of going back in time to rewrite baseball history was compelling enough for me to pick up the book. And I absolutely LOVED the descriptive detail of the parks and the baseball legends. Fitch is obviously a baseball fan (and, if I were to hazard a guess, an avid member of the Red Sox Nation) and it was fun to read his take on rewriting baseball history.

BUT...

The love story was superfluous and more than a bit contrived. It was an arc that I could have done without, especially since it didn't move the story forward at all. And I had to suspend quite a bit of disbelief; I don't really think some of the historical figures would have accepted the time travel notion so readily.

I really, REALLY wanted to love this story. It has time travel and baseball - what more do you need? And when Fitch was describing the players and the offices and the fields, I did love it. But the rest of it... not so much.

And I'd like to know what happened to the White Sox and the Yankees after Babe Ruth went to Chicago. Wish I could Google that. =)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turning Back the Clock.

02/09/2011 "Finished this week's homework and treating myself. =)"