Anca's Reviews > American Gods

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Aug 11, 11

Read from August 01 to 10, 2011 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Gods.

Quotes Anca Liked

Neil Gaiman
“One describes a tale best by telling the tale. You see? The way one describes a story, to oneself or to the world, is by telling the story. It is a balancing act and it is a dream. The more accurate the map, the more it resembles the territory. The most accurate map possible would be the territory, and thus would be perfectly accurate and perfectly useless.
The tale is the map that is the territory.
You must remember this.”
Neil Gaiman, American Gods

Neil Gaiman
“You're a big one,[...] a tall drink of water, but I got to tell you, you don't look too bright. I got a son, stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two-for-one sale, and you remind me of him.”
Neil Gaiman, American Gods
tags: humor

07/31/2011 page 55
08/04/2011 page 199
34.0% ""You're a big one," said Nancy, staring into Shadow's light grey eyes with eyes the color of mahogany, "a tall drink of water, but I got to tell you, you don't look too bright. I got a son, stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale, and you remind me of him." (p.126)"
08/04/2011 page 206
35.0% ""It isn't that. Women survive their men. Men - men like him - don't live long when their women are gone. You'll see - he'll just start wandering, all the familiar things are going to be gone with her. He gets tired and he fades and then he gives up and then he's gone.[...]""
08/04/2011 page 225
38.0% ""And what would drink, or cold be doing killing me, a leprechaun of the blood? No, it was you losing the little golden sun killed me, Shadow, killed me dead, as sure as water's wet and days are long and a friend will always disappoint you in the end.""
08/11/2011 page 545
93.0% "One describes a tale best by telling the tale. You see? The way one describes a story, to oneself or to the world, is by telling the story."
show 6 hidden updates…