Karen's Reviews > Claimed by the Highlander

Claimed by the Highlander by Julianne MacLean

Apr 18, 11

bookshelves: april-2011, highlanders
Read on April 18, 2011 — I own a copy

I enjoyed this book quite a bit more than the first in the series, Captured by the Highlander. I found myself engrossed in Angus and Gwendolen's story.
We met Angus "The Lion" Macdonald in the first book in this series and we knew him as a very angry Scot seeking revenge against the English for the rape and murder of his sister. He seemed very lost in his grief and anger, so much so that he betrayed a friend and was exiled from his family home by his father.
Captured by the Highlander starts when after two years of exile, and after learning the death of his father, Angus returns home to reclaim his family home, and in an effort to unite his clan and the clan residing within his home, he takes the former laird's daughter as his wife. He is looking to put war and bloodshed behind him and live a life of peace.
This book was a real page turner and if you like a brawny Highlander then you won't be disappointed with this read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claimed by the Highlander.