Karen's Reviews > Breaking Point

Breaking Point by Alex Flinn

Feb 05, 11

Read from February 04 to 05, 2011

This book was amazing! I finished it in one day, again....I am so glad that I picked this book up....

This book was so good and I am so glad that I read it sooner rather then later. This book is about violence in schools...bullying, but yet so much more.

The main character, Paul, has moved to a new state with his mom and is now attending a new private school because his mom works in the office and so he can attend there. Because of this he is an outsider from the very first minute. Because of this, he is bullied and teased also. Everyone else that attends this school is rich...everyone except for one other kid, David.

David is also bullied, so you have both of their stories in this book. But mostly Pauls story...Paul just wants to fit in and so when one of the "popular" kids (Charlie) approaches him and invites Paul into his circle, Paul jumps at the chance.

Unfortunately it takes Paul quite some time to realize that Charlie isn't who he thought he was, and that he (Paul) has deeper and stronger feelings then he thought he did.

This book is full of manipulation, persuasion, trying to fit in, rebelliousness and anger. When I read this book I was kind of reminded of Columbine, but on a much smaller scale. I believe it was the two characters of Paul and Charlie that reminded me of Dylan and Eric, the kids from the real life Columbine tragedy.

Alex Flinns writing was excellent and I can't wait to read another book by her. (Yes, I read Beastly by her, which is a fairytale retelling, but this is a contempory story. Big difference)...Check it out!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Point.

02/05/2011 page 53
21.0% "Very good book so far...can tell it will be intense..."