Corinne's Reviews > Tick Tock

Tick Tock by James Patterson

F_50x66
Feb 06, 11

Read from February 04 to 06, 2011

Not sure how Patterson can release as many books a year as he does, thankfully there are co-authors. Even so, his books are still page turners, maybe because it's easy to say to your self, "just one more chapter" when the chapters are only a page or two! There was a nice mix of a really good psycho, and the family vacation of Michael Bennett. The drama on vacation at the beach almost matches the violence that Bennett sees every day. What I really like about this series by Patterson is the humor of Bennett. It's a rare glimpse into a character that really endears him to the reader, but it's infrequent enough to not be forced.
Bennett again chases a psychotic killer, Emily returns to help, Mary Catherine plays a new-ish role in Mike's life, and Seamus gives a glimpse of his life before becoming a man of the cloth. When I read this series, I completely forget that this is like almost every other Patterson novel in plot, and I even had a twinge of regret as I finished the book and pulled out my bookmark. There are enough twists and turns to keep me guessing, and I eagerly await the next in the Michael Bennett series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tick Tock.

02/04/2011 page 56