Neal Kristopher's Reviews > The Sentry

The Sentry by Robert Crais

Feb 04, 11

Reviews Of Unusual Size -

Re: After stopping an attempted robbery, Crais' nearly silent do-gooder Joe Pike finds himself oddly fascinated by a beautiful young lady. A lady that has more hidden in her past than the typical niece of a fish-shoppe owner. (They're well known to be dull) Soon, Pike and Elvis Cole, the world's greatest detective will be up to their necks in mystery, peeping Toms and danger.

Outstanding: Crais is an excellent writer of thrillers. I would assume it's even on his business card. And with good reason. He keeps the story rollicking along and the characters consistently engaging.

Unacceptable: The only real niggles would spoil a few plots if mentioned, but there's a few things that seemed wonk, but nothing significant.

Summary: Not my favorite of Crais' novels, i prefer more Cole in my stocking, but still really, really enjoyable. It was nice to hear from Lucy, Cole's lovely N'Awlins lady friend too.

4/5

Notes: Crais has turned down multiple offers to make movies of Cole and Pike. He prefers them to exist in the heads of his readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sentry.