Daniel Kukwa's Reviews > Doctor Who: The Suns of Caresh

Doctor Who by Paul Saint

Sep 02, 11

bookshelves: doctor-who

In some ways, this book is atypical of the 3rd Doctor's era, with its epic SF nature, its stock (make that BONKERS plethora) of sophisticated ideas, and its adult tone -- lightyears away from the controlled camp of that era. Yet it catpures the 3rd Doctor and Jo Grant so perfectly, you'd think that Jon Pertwee and Katy Manning had read the book aloud to you, page by page.

The final quarter of the novel is a bit minimalist compared to the rest of the book, but this remains one of the more sumptuous & surprising Doctor Who novels of the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctor Who.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Beardsley Thank you very much for your very kind review. You're right about the last quarter, though - if only I'd had more time!

Daniel Kukwa Paul wrote: "Thank you very much for your very kind review. You're right about the last quarter, though - if only I'd had more time!"

You're quite welcome...I would have loved to have read more DW novels from your pen. :)

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Beardsley Well I got as far as submitting a sequel to Caresh - Blood of the Fayoni, starring the Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane - but the TV series came back just as it was being considered.

I'm working on a non-Who book under my real name at the moment.