Amber Hughes's Reviews > Second Grave on the Left

Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones

Aug 15, 2011

Read from August 13 to 15, 2011

I LOVED THIS BOOK!! I absolutely adore Darynda's writing. Charley's humor is the best (you will LOL many, many, many times in this book). I loved the storyline and we got to find out more about Reyes (love him) and I really like Cookie's character. The part with her family really got to me & the ending was...well, I still can't stop thinking about it.

On a side note: Darynda Jones is one of the sweetest & most thoughtful authors I've had the pleasure of talking too through FB & here. Can't wait to meet her in person! I wish her so much success in the years to come.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Grave on the Left.

08/14/2011 page 168
55.0% "I'm loving this book!! OMG-Charley just cracks me up! You literally LOL so much in this and It's great to have the humor mixed in with the storyline :-)" 4 comments

Jennifer wow 5 stars... interesting. I am gonna start this in a bit. I just wanted to see what you thought. hehe

Amber Hughes I hope you love it too! Can't wait to discuss :-) *BTW-the first book was a 5 stars for me too, so....hehe :-)

Jess I've lost track of the number of times I've said "oh for the love of Hush Puppies." LMAO! OMG I love Charley, but dang if I didn't almost need a tissue at the end.

Amber Hughes LMAO Jess! She's got so many good ones in this book! Seriously...about that ending *sigh*

Jess Amber wrote: "LMAO Jess! She's got so many good ones in this book! Seriously...about that ending *sigh*"

Between the family stuff, then Reyes *sniffle*

Amber Hughes *sniffle* I should have read it slower, because now that wait until book 3 really feels like forever! LOL!

Jess Agreed, I need to reread it, no doubt missed some more funny lines. But January isn't too far away - at least it's not a 'one book a year' series!

Amber Hughes True Dat! :-)