Jessica Rios's Reviews > Under the Dome

Under the Dome by Stephen King

4652037
Feb 28, 11

Read from February 06 to 27, 2011

This was pretty good. One of my favorite books on earth is The Stand and I heard that this was as good as The Stand...it wasn't. I got a little bored in parts of this book and the end was just "okay" for me. I liked it--didn't love it.
I think I may be done with King for awhile. He has let me down too many times in recent years. I hope he steps it back up at some point because I do love his older works. Nothing better than It, The Stand, Needful Things, and other classics.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Dome.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie I'm almost done with The Replacement. Then I am going to go back to Under the Dome. I really enjoyed what I have read so far in Under the Dome.

Jessica Rios Since I have the nook, I cant exactly tell you what page I'm on because its not the same as a regular book. I'm enjoying it so far. I can't even imagine what the explanation is going to be as to why the dome is there! It's a long book so I'm sure there will be plenty of twist and turns :)

message 3: by Natalie (last edited Feb 07, 2011 05:25PM) (new) - added it

Natalie I have it on my nook also. I'm somewhere around page 72 of 823 or so pages.

Jessica Rios I just finished reading this. Where are you in the book?

message 5: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie I have about 200 pages to go. barbie is in jail and they are planing the secret meeting to take over. rusty found the generator that they think is alien. not too much longer. I was hoping to finish this weekend but no luck. hubby's is working nights this week so maybe tonight or tomorrow.

message 6: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie I thought I'd be finished by now. I'm going slow this week. We have family coming in on Friday and a big family dinner on Saturday. Been busy. OK so I am trying to figure out if the dome is from aliens or not. I can't wait to find out.

Jessica Rios Personally I thought the ending was dumb. You have to let me know what you think.

message 8: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie I haven't read many Stephen King books, but I read Cell and it was a really good book and it ended dumb. I haven't read The Stand, but really like the movie...except the end was dumb. So I am just waiting because I'm figuring this will be the same.