Stacey Jo's Reviews > A Change of Tune

A Change of Tune by J.M. Cartwright

1950408
May 08, 11

bookshelves: mm-cops-fbi-cia-body-guards, mm-contemporary, mm-coming-out, mm-first-time, mm-rockstars-music, 3-mm-i-own, mm-family-is-the-focus, 4-mm-i-ve-read
Read from May 07 to 08, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

An absolutely heart warming read! I listened to this on my Kindle for part of the time because I had things to do and couldn't stand the idea of putting the book down.

Johnny Rayne is a rockstar at the top of the charts but he's been there 15 years and he's tired and wants a family, so he leaves his band and moves to the mountains of West Virginia. His first day there, he meets Sheriff Virgil Grissom. Johnny has always denied his feelings toward men and never explored them but Grissom wakes him up to what he's been missing and makes him realize how much more there is for him when the person is truly right for him. They make a great couple. Johnny can be a bit of a princess, but hey, he's been a famous, beautiful rockstar for the past 15 years so what do you expect. But not annoyingly so. He's trying VERY hard to be anonymous in town. Grissom can be very pushy and know-it-all at times but not in a mean way and usually he's doing it just because he enjoys baiting Johhny who readily rises to the occasion. The sex was hot but not too much (view spoiler) Johnny has a strong desire to adopt a child and Grissom helps in this regard. Suffice it to say they make great daddies.

This was the first book I read by this author and I will most definitely be looking for her other books. The writing was solid and well edited. Great plot that unfolded at just the right pace. This book gave me the warm-and-fuzzies many times over. A definite 5 star read! One you should read if you've not already ;0)
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Change of Tune.

05/08/2011