Kathie's Reviews > The Complete Dictionary Of Accounting & Bookkeeping Terms Explained Simply

The Complete Dictionary Of Accounting & Bookkeeping Terms Exp... by Atlantic Publishing Company

F_50x66
Feb 04, 11

Read in February, 2011

The Complete Dictionary of Accounting & Bookkeeping Terms Explained Simply (Back-To-Basics) by Cindy Ferraino

Are there accounting terms you have heard, but aren’t really sure of?
This says it all.

Every small business owner needs to know the basics. I think we are expected to and sometimes don’t fess up that we aren’t sure of the actual meaning of the words used daily in our professions.
My accountant is always throwing around terms that I think I should know, have heard a thousand times, but am I really certain of the meaning? No! This book is an accounting dictionary that will help clear the air. I must admit I often confuse a “debit” with a “credit” on my bank statement, so this book brought my knowledge level up considerably.
I found it easy to leaf through to look up terms that I wanted more definition of, and I thumbed through learning the real meaning of many words I had heard before. Ferraino simply explains accounting and bookkeeping terms and how to effectively complete your tax forms. This is something that all will benefit from. She has a 9 page, extensive glossary of acronyms and abbreviations. I had seen several of these over my life time on bank and credit card statements, loan docs, etc and now am more familiar with the meanings.
I can now use them properly. She explains the difference in a 401(K) vs. a 529 plan. This reference covers a broad spectrum of accounting, tax, real estate, banking and book keeping terms. It will stay on the shelf for those crisis moments when I need to know more on a subject that I have shied away from. I will use it before business deals and contracts. Good reference, very complete.

I received a complimentary copy from Reviewthebook Team.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Dictionary Of Accounting & Bookkeeping Terms Explained Simply.