Amy's Reviews > Prey

Prey by Rachel Vincent

Feb 05, 11

bookshelves: 2011, mindless-self-indulgence, werewolves-vampires-witches-oh-m, series
Read from February 04 to 05, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Once again, Vincent's Shifter series sucks you in and doesn't let go. I started reading this book on Thursday, but only made it a few chapters in before I had to leave the house. I picked it up again last night, with the intention of just reading a few chapters.

I read the whole thing. Oops.

Faythe's father is fighting to remain in control of the Territorial Council, while Faythe and the other enforcers transport Manx to Atlanta for her trial. Along the way, they stop in Mississippi to visit Marc, who has been banned from the Pride's land due to his stray status. The group is attacked in Mississippi, and thus begins the riot of events that lead to the start of an all-out war between the Prides.

The only thing that's really spoily that I have to say is this: I really wish that they hadn't alluded to Ethan's death on the back of the Shift cover, because I totally knew it was going to be him, based on the "after her brother's death." He was the brother that had been most fully developed, so while I hoped hoped hoped that it would be Ryan who ate it, no, it's Ethan. Thanks for inadvertently spoiling me, back-blurb copy writer!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prey.

02/04/2011 page 80