Alexa's Reviews > The Daughters

F 50x66
Feb 03, 2011

bookshelves: advisory-2010-2011
Read in January, 2011

The Daughters is about the life of supermodel Katia Summers’ daughter, Lizzie. She doesn’t know any actors or actresses, musicians, or anybody like that. She just has a normal life. She goes to school, has best friends, gets into fights with her parents, and gets into trouble like any other teenager. One day while attending her mom’s fashion show, Lizzie goes against the list of rules she made with her 2 best friends. She says something negative about her mom to a reporter. Her mom finds out and so does her mom’s agent. They tell her not to do anything like that ever again, and they basically went her to go into hiding from the media. That doesn’t happen. A photographer discovers her and wants her to do some modeling. Lizzie does start the modeling because of her 2 best friends. While dealing with that, she has to figure out if the boy she has known for almost her entire life that just moved back to NYC from London likes her or not.
I enjoyed reading this book, and thought that it was very interesting. I’ll be honest, I always wished that my family was famous and they would be in movies and stuff like that. But after reading this and seeing what Lizzie had to go through, I think that it’s really hard to be in her shoes. You always have to look good, and look and have that “perfect” look. I learned that it’s fine just being who you are and that you are your own person. Even if your mom is one of the best supermodels in the world, you don’t have to follow her. You have to follow your own dreams.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daughters.