Wendy Darling's Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.

message 1: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited Oct 21, 2011 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) So many people disliked this one. I decided to give the series a go because others had stated it did get better in future books. I am finished with Torment, now reading Passion and I am enjoying more than I thought I would.

I would steer clear of this one if you don't like books where you don't get answers quickly. If this annoys you don't even start this series. If you are a patient reader, than you will appreicate this writing style.

Wendy Darling I'm not sure whether you just misinterpreted my lack of a review since you seem to be giving me advice, but I actually did finish this book and I did not, in fact, enjoy it. (The implication that readers need to be patient in order to "appreciate" this is also a little presumptuous, in my opinion.)

If you had a better experience with it, then that's great for you and it might be a good idea to write your own review in the hopes of persuading others to your point of view.

Gina wrote: "So many people disliked this one. I decided to give the series a go because others had stated it did get better in future books. I am finished with Torment, now reading Passion and I am enjoying more than I thought I would.

Another aspect which many may have issues with is the rommance between Luce and Daniel. Daniel's undying love, repetition and overprotectiveness can begin to weight the reader down."

message 3: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited Oct 22, 2011 10:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) Actually, I wasn't sure if you'd dnf'd this one or read it through. Thanks for the clarification. :-) I also didn't mean to give advice, or be presumptuous (you pick such GREAT adjectives in your writing :-) I guess I'm not able to express my opinions in words as well as I'd like to. I was trying to say, patience is one characteristic which may increase the reader's chances at enjoying this book. Or patient readers may enjoy this book more than impatient ones? Not meant to be negative at all.

I've heard the more a person writes the better he/she becomes, I hope this rings true. I do believe some people have a gift for it, though. Unfortunately, I don't fall into that category, but sorry I digress....

Oh one last thing, I did write my own review, thanks for reminding me to post it to Goodreads, it was only on my blog.:-)

Wendy Darling It does take awhile to get used to the GoodReads system, especially if you're transferring things over from other places. It's easy to tell if someone has read something, btw, if it's shelved as "read."

message 5: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited Oct 22, 2011 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) Thanks, oh and it's really cool how you have all the other interesting shelves. I got a great chuckle from some of your creative names. :-)

The Holy Terror Wendy Darling wrote: "It's easy to tell if someone has read something, btw, if it's shelved as "read.""

Lol.

Zanaija hunter only one satr this book was really good you must not be into the whole fallen angel thing i guess

Katherine or just stories that are crappily written.

The Holy Terror Katherine wrote: "or just stories that are crappily written."

Zing.

Lol.

Wendy Darling Katherine wrote: "or just stories that are crappily written."

Heh.

message 11: by Soumi (new)

Soumi super annoying, thank god I have not wasted my money

Truly Bookish I really disliked this book as well and your selves for it are so appropriate! I especially liked "eye-bleeding" :-)

Wendy Darling Heh. I try not to abuse the "eye-bleeding" shelf, Bookish, but sometimes it just can't be helped. ;)

message 14: by Jessa (new) - added it

Jessa lmao - this is the first I have seen of your "Eye Bleeding" shelf and it had me LMBO over here haha!