Wee Shubba's World's Reviews > The Last Song

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Mar 06, 11

Read from February 05 to 08, 2011

This is my second Nicholas Sparks novel and after being disappointed in The Notebook, I was really nervous about this. It sound like the kind of story I could fall in love with and unlike The Notebook, it was a story I fell in love with. It just a beautiful and heartbreaking story that will be loved by young and old for year come.

The Last Song is told from a view points of view and sometimes authors make it really confusing. However, Sparks managed to master is just perfectly. The is a range of different characters, some you will love, some you will hate and others that will just make you want to jump into the pages and steal them. The four main characters in this is Ronnie, Will, Steve and Jonah. Ronnie is the rebellious teen who is sent to live with her father for summer and at first she hates it. However, everything changes when she meets and falls for loveable, kind Will. Steve is Ronnies father and it is clear that he loves his children more than life itself. Jonah is my favourite character. He is Ronnies little brother and he is just so cute, adorable and has th funniest lines.

Sparks has managed to create a beautiful story that deals with alot of serious issues and really gets you thinking about life and how there is no time for regret.

If you haven't read this yet. I beg you, go beg, borrow or steal a copy. You won't regret it. However, if you are like me and cry very easily have plenty of tissue because this will have you bawling like a baby. Even as I write this review I have a lump in my throat and my eyes are watery just from thinking about the story.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Song.

02/05/2011 page 0
0.0% 2 comments
02/08/2011 page 214
55.0% "love this"
02/08/2011 page 310
79.0% "sooo sad. so good. so many tears."
02/08/2011 page 390
100.0% "depressing but beautiful at the time."
show 3 hidden updates…