Neil Mudde's Reviews > Ford County

Ford County by John Grisham

2034390
Feb 03, 11

Read in February, 2011

An absolute delight to read, I am not usually a short story reader, and was surprised this was, off course having read all Grisham's earlier and som sensational work, I was not sure if I was going to read it, glad I did.
He was able to take me to Ford County and give me a glimpse of what the people are like, as in every situation he portrays only a specific kind of family or person. I do not want to get into the story detail and by doing so spoil it for those people who are intending to read this.
Some family scenarios are unbelievable, the abuse of alcohol is central to most stories, and being familiar with the effects alcohol can have on a human being totally understandable, the family ties in spite of ridiculas circumstances are something els, I can only imagine Mr Grisham having practiced law for years in that part of the US know of which he speaks.
The last story "Funny Boy" is a moving story about a redneck communities reaction to a person living with aids back in the late 80, all in all the book is well worth the investment in $$ and time

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ford County.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Zack Agreed! I would put 'Ford County' on Grishams best work, right after 'a painted house'. A true master storyteller!

Nouf Maymony Not the best, Zack. But good. Really good.