Russell's Reviews > OpenAM

OpenAM by Indira Thangasamy

419301
Mar 28, 11

Read from February 03 to March 16, 2011

A great resource in getting to know more about OpenAM with specific technical details in configuration and administration. Wish I had it before I had begun my evaluation and integration efforts as it would have saved me some time and enabled me to be more efficient (book was released just three weeks after project began). Great to have as a handbook for OpenAM given how feature-filled it is along with its inherent complexity.

Particular areas of value and specifically helpful for my situation:
1. Examples are well written and thorough
2. Good documentation on use of ssoadm tool
3. Beneficial information regarding extending the user datastore schema
4. Additional information on authentication chaining
5. Additional information on data store nuances
6. Specifics regrading backing up configuration data, preparing multi-environment setup (dev/stage/prod)
7. Detailed information on audit logging (file-based, database, remote, security options)

One detracting aspect of this book was the lack of grammatical editing. There were numerous pages (more than a dozen, I stopped counting) where there were many errors in statement paragraph construction. I started wondering if it had even been through a rigorous editing process before being sent to press. Despite the large number of grammar issues, it didn't detract from the overall excellent technical information.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read OpenAM.

03/24/2011 page 255