Caitie's Reviews > Would I Lie to You

Would I Lie to You by Cecily von Ziegesar

Feb 04, 08

bookshelves: young-adult
Recommended to Caitie by: Reena
Recommended for: fans of the Gossip Girl TV show (but only the really big fans)
Read in January, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I kind of love this one, but ONLY because I'm a huge sucker for Nate/Blair. But, oh, it made me so mad. Blair, Serena and Nate escape a lousy summer in the Hamptons with a sexually-charged road trip. Nate is intent on winning Blair back, and Blair is intent on playing it cool (for once). Serena is intent on trying not to think too hard about why all of this bothers her so much.

Nate finally tells Blair that he loves her, and it's completely fantastic. It's really, totally and completely satisfying. Except that as soon as Serena hears Nate say those words to Blair, she realizes that she's in love with Nate. So she drunkenly (excuses, excuses) writes him a long letter all about how she loves him and wants to be with him while Nate and Blair are getting busy upstairs.

Blair and Nate decide to spend the rest of the summer sailing on the Archibald boat, but right before they leave, Blair finds Serena's letter. She's obviously furious, and she rips the letters into teeny, tiny pieces and scatters them to the four winds, like any normal girlfriend would have done. And they sail off into the sunset, leaving Serena behind. It's all very Pacey/Joey.

Oh, and Dan is gay. Maybe.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Would I Lie to You.