Elizabeth's Reviews > Silent to the Bone

Silent to the Bone by E.L. Konigsburg

May 13, 11

Read from May 07 to 13, 2011

"On that day and for all the days that followed when he made no sound, my friend Branwell was screaming on the inside. And no one heard.

Except me."

After Branwell's sister Nikki is put in the hospital from an accident that is blamed on Branwell, Branwell is placed in a Behavioral Center and refuses to utter a word. Except to Connor, Branwell's best friend. Their commmunication isn't verbal, but through another technique that enables Connor to figure out what really happened the day of the 911 call that resulted with Nikki in the hospital. Connor is determined to discover what made his best friend Branwell refuse to speak to anyone and to discover the truth in Connor's silence.

The book started with a slow moving plot. I could not get myself to focus into the book or the characters. The characters continued to seem incomplete, but the story plot reminded me of something that you might watch on an episode of CSI. The plot quickened as soon as Connor figured out how to communicate with Branwell and the story was mapped out from then on. I would recommend this book to those who are interested in suspense or mystery books or who just love to watch CSI related shows!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silent to the Bone.

05/10/2011 page 100