Joy's Reviews > Into The Shadow

Into The Shadow by Christina Dodd

2711937
Feb 04, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, paranormal-romance, christina-dodd, shapeshifters
Read from February 03 to 04, 2011

It's better to have read this one first than Firebird's story, because this is my least liked book in the series. My favorites are Rurik's and Firebird's stories because I really felt the connection of the characters. While Adrik was believed by his family dead for years, he is in fact a mercenary whose known as "Warlord", and though there was the complete package of sexiness, character backgrounds, and developments, I wasn't that thrilled with this book. I didn't like the part where Adrik mastered Karen through sex, it's apparently his way of expressing his innermost feelings, but it didn't work for Karen - and for me, the reader.

I have to admit I was interested in the locations. Ms Dodd took us yet again to an unvisited part of the world, and another Varinski to contend with. The icon appeared in an interesting place and Karen took an immediate connection with it. This is one of those stories where the Wilders had an outside help (Jackson Sonnet), and it was really admirable of Adrik to show his weakness in front of men - real men who understand how it feels like to lose a part of themselves through death. Although Karen died here, I know she'll eventually breathe.

On the subject of family, I'm always touchy about reunions and parents making up to their children for lost time. That's why when I was supposed to give this only 3.5 stars, I upped it to a half star LOL. I loved the reunion between Adrik and his family, it moved me to tears (literally) and I felt my heart soar.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into The Shadow.