D. Lewis's Reviews > The Devil's Right Hand

The Devil's Right Hand by Lilith Saintcrow

U_50x66
Feb 02, 11

Read in November, 2010

Upon completion of this book I decided that the character Dante Valentine departed from the heroine she once was and has arrived somewhere much closer to "cliched female lead".
**potential spoilers below**

What I liked most about this book was the glimpses into the otherworldly history and beings outside of Valentine's knowledge. The history of Hediera and their Fallen, the angel like creatures who feeds on fear, the Nichtreven, the Hellsvront agents who can't quite be placed, Deathless... all characters and background chatter that was more interesting to me than the turmoil with the main character. To put it bluntly, Dante whines alot in this book and I believe she will continue to do so because the issues she whines over have not been resolved yet. The reason this bothers me as a reader is because it is not clear if she, as a character, is beginning to unravel under the pressure and changes, or if the author simply wanted to take her in a different direction.

All in all it was interesting enough for me to want to finish out the series, but I at this moment I am more interested in the machinations of the world around the main character, than the character herself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Right Hand.