JaNae's Reviews > Vienna Prelude

Vienna Prelude by Bodie Thoene

Mar 12, 11

Read in February, 2011

I really liked this book. I liked the history that was included because it seemed to give more of an average person idea of life in Austria just before WWII. Her husband's a historian so you know he helped with the accuracy. The time span is only a couple years but what full years they were for Elisa, John, Theo, Leah, Otto, Franz, Rudy, and all the others I feel I know a little better.

At the beginning I was amazed at how many characters were being introduced and that was a little difficult for me to stay interested, however, after a few chapters the story moved along more and I hit a point where I couldn't put it down.

Book 2 in the series in on hold for me at the library and I'm looking forward to it being available soon. Might even have to buy the series so the need to wait on others reading speeds isn't an issue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vienna Prelude.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karin (new)

Karin Let me know how you like this one! I have it collecting dust on my shelf.

JaNae Will do. So far it's a very easy read. Dan's read the series and said it's good so if that helps motivate you any... :)

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin My mom read them years ago and loved them, so I took her book but haven't ever taken the time to read it yet. Maybe you can motivate me, ha ha!