Paul Pessolano's Reviews > Captain Freedom: A Superhero's Quest for Truth, Justice, and the Celebrity He So Richly Deserves

Captain Freedom by G. Xavier Robillard

Feb 02, 11

This book is a takeoff on all the superheroes out there making the world safe for humanity.

Captain Freedom is on the top of the comic book world, until he gets fired. He must now reinvent himself. He was a standalone superhero but feels he must get up to date by getting himself a sidekick. After all, Batman has Robin, the Green Hornet has Kato, and Laurel has Hardy.

Whatever!!!!!!

Robillard, using Captain Freedom, takes on politics, the office, celebrities, Hollywood, and other superheroes. There are parts of this book that are very funny, there are some parts that are cute, and there are some parts that fail miserably. I was especially disappointed in DJ, his sidekick. I don't think there was anything funny about DJ, and his character had a lot to be desired.

I will say that those of you who read Graphic Novels and are into the "Superhero" thing may find this an enjoyable read - even with its faults. To his credit, Captain Freedom does save the world on several occasions, however, he only received credit for one. This can be very upsetting to a true superhero.

It is a very easy read and does have its moments - unfortunately it did not have enough of them to sustain my interest.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captain Freedom.