Khris Sellin's Reviews > Banned for Life

Banned for Life by D.R. Haney

Feb 09, 11

Read from February 02 to 09, 2011

How could I not love a book that somehow mentions Joey Shithead of DOA -AND Wanda Jackson???
No, this book is so much more than that. It's about the '80s punk rock scene, it's about friendship, love, loss, grief, the excesses of LA and the Hollywood wannabes scene, life quests, soul-searching...
This book has it all. The characters are so real.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Banned for Life.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

D.R. Haney I scrolled down this page fearing the worst (as I always do when I see that a new review has been posted), and Khris,, you just made my day. Thanks.

D.R. Haney Damn unnecessary comma! But there's no edit function here. What can I say? I'm a perfectionist.

Khris Sellin D.R. wrote: "Damn unnecessary comma! But there's no edit function here. What can I say? I'm a perfectionist."

haha. In this age of texting, you can't worry about that stuff.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading your other book. Hope to see lots more from you.

D.R. Haney Ah, now there's an edit button. But, in the spirit of the age of texting, I'll leave my typo.

At the risk of sounding egotistical, I hope to see lots more from me, too. I've started another novel, but it's hard to find the time to work on it, with my various economic agonies. So much in life finally comes down to money. But where there's a will, etc.

Khris Sellin D.R. wrote: "Ah, now there's an edit button. But, in the spirit of the age of texting, I'll leave my typo.

Yes, "various economic agonies" is what keeps most of us from doing what we REALLY want to do. But you seem to have a passion for writing and an obvious talent for it, so I know you'll find the time.