Char's Reviews > The Legacy

The Legacy by Gemma Malley

Feb 02, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: gemma-malley, the-declaration-trilogy, it-s-not-the-end-of-the-world-but, future, read-in-2011
Read from March 13 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

For my full review please visit: http://shadowsireview.blogspot.com/

I've noticed some 2 star reviews for this book from people who haven't read the previous books, I feel the need to point out that in order to have a more even reaction the first 2 books should be read.

The final book in the Declaration trilogy and I can't help but feel disappointed by the lack of connection I felt with it. The characters seemed to have been distanced from the reader and it made it difficult for me to empathise with them

I realised by about page 80 that this book was going to be nowhere near as good as the first book. I just wosh that the author had spent more time on the series, planning it properly and making all the historical events and the ages of people correct. I know this is hard when you're setting a book in the future but if you have to, count backwards for 200 years.

I gave it 2.5 it wasn't worth anymore but any less would be too stingy. I just wish it could have been more because it so could have been.

Sorry for the short review. I'm not feeling very well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legacy.

03/13/2011 page 15
6.0% "I'm so excited that this book is finally at the top of my To read pile. I loved the first 2."
03/13/2011 page 42
15.0% "Interesting. I have a theory, I'm not sharing said theory, but I have one."
03/14/2011 page 83
31.0% "Hmmm.... this one's drsgging a bit. I think I know why."