Catherine's Reviews > In the Courts of the Sun

In the Courts of the Sun by Brian D'Amato

Feb 04, 11

Read in July, 2010

I found the concept of this book to be very intriguing and unique. I had been hoping it would quickly draw me in and not let go, but I was slightly disappointed. It took me quite a while to actually get into this book, but then once I was hooked it was hard to draw away from it.

The storyline with Jed2 was so out there and yet so good that I couldn't wait to pick it back up again. The third of the book that took place during the Maya time period As I was getting closer and closer to the end I couldn't imagine that there were enough pages left to resolve the story. I was surprised to find out that it was not resolved in this book. And then I was disappointed in the lack of an ending. I had patiently plodded through the first 100 pages waiting for the book to suck me in (I will always finish a book I start). To find out that there was no end in sight was kind of frustrating.

While the story was an interesting premise, it took too long for the story to get off the ground. There were also times when the story didn't seem to be getting anywhere with any amount of speed. And then to find after 700+ pages that the story was just a part one. I guess it just wasn't quite what I was expecting and I feel like a lot more could have been fit into this book.

I feel like I will probably continue reading the series, because I did enjoy the storyline and would like to know where it goes.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Courts of the Sun.