Kae's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Dec 25, 11

bookshelves: waiting-for-release, best-of-2011
Read from December 11 to 25, 2011

Team Will?

I think the asshole-pretty boy shouldn't win for once... (though I love Jace, this Will character is a pain)

TEAM JEM, BIOTCHESS!

I'm impressed by Cassandra Clare... she really learned how to make a strong love triangle. In Mortal Instruments, I think around 95% of the people were team Jace instead of Simon. Here, it seems pretty equal. :)

EDIT: 12/20/11

Oh dear. I am halfway through reading this book, and I can already feel myself changing sides. Team Will...? He now has an explanation for being an asshole-pretty boy. I can feel the tides turning.

And wow. Tessa is turning into another Clary. Trys to be badass and kind and funny, but comes out to be self-centered and comes off as obnoxious.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 12, 2011 08:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer I was one of the 5% on Simon's side and I am on Jem's side. That bad boy thing doesn't work on me lol But I think it is time for a change and Tessa and Will is just too much like Clary and Jace so I'm hoping for Jem!

message 2: by Kae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kae Me too :D (except for the simon part ... I'm a total jace fan :D )

Dustbin I always root for the underdog. I'm Simon and Jem all the way

message 4: by Kae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kae aaaahh I almost ALWAYS end up going for the main guy... its pretty sad, actually

Bookworm YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! Finally, people who understand me!!!! After I read TMI and CA in EVERY review I found there was just Jace and Will fans. I've always felt completely alone on this. I hate characters like Jace and Will. Tortured, sexy, tragic past, soft on the inside an total assholes in the weirdest parts. It's annoying, in the least. Now that I know that there is this 5% of people I feel much better.

Kasey TEAM WILL FOREVER! D<

message 7: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 12, 2011 08:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Jem & Tessa!

[image error]

description

His eyes darkened, and he began to turn away from her. "You can't even believe I could want you," he said in a half whisper. "That I am alive enough, healthy enough-"

"No-" Without thinking, she caught at his arm. He stiffened. "James, that isn't at all what I meant-"

He curled his fingers around her hand where it lay on his arm. His own scorched her skin, as hot as fire. And then he turned her and drew her toward him.

-Clockwork Prince, page 201

zara what? I've been lurking in the discussion forums and all I see are will fans. chances are will and tessa will end up together, sounds like something cassandra clare would do

Jennifer I've met a ton of Jem fans! Actually there was just a team smack down on a blog and Jem won! Lots of Jem love out there! And you never know Tessa might end up with Jem! Or so I hope!

message 10: by zara (new) - rated it 4 stars

zara she could end up with jem too. it could go either ways but I'm just being pessimistic. have you ever thought of the idea that she will end of with no one?

Jennifer Yeah that could happen but I hope not :-( Although I'd rather she end up alone than with Will.

message 12: by zara (new) - rated it 4 stars

zara If jem were to die, don't you think it would be cruel of tessa to run to will? I don't know if there could ever be a cure for jem and even if there were, tessa would outlive him

message 13: by Erin (last edited Dec 15, 2011 02:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin I am on the 5% of team simon fans. But I agree, Jem should be with Tessa 100%. Love him to bits. Will is a still a great character though. But if it comes down to being with Will (that is if she doesn't get with Jem which I will never allow haha) then I prefer Tessa to be alone. Anyway, she is going to outlive everyone she loves.

Jennifer I am hoping that they find a cure for Jem and it turns him immortal like Tessa and they can be together forever. I read the Mortal Instrument books so long ago I don't remember, but someone said that in them Tessa's ghost visits Clary. Maybe I am wrong though.

message 15: by zara (new) - rated it 4 stars

zara I'm shipping jem and tessa but I think this one will have a will and tessa ending. what a surprise.

Antoinette I'm going to be the outcast here, but TEAM WILL. He made the ultimate sacrifice and he so deserves Tessa!(:

Erica TEAM NEUTRAL. dont really care who she ends up with, but i have a feeling jem will die leaving Will open . . .

Natalia rogers i agree ^ I'm also team neutral i don't want Jem to die !!! will and tessa are exactly like jace and clary and thats just a typical ending but i feel sorry for will and literally cried during the last few chapters. but Jem is so sweet ahhhhhhrrrrrr i can't choose ...

Jennifer I don't think Jem will die. That would be way to predictable since we have been told he is dying this whole time.

message 20: by Envy (new)

Envy Totally right jennifer AND I AM TOTALLY TEAM JEM AND I HOPE THE BOOK DOES NOT CHANGE THAT