Rachel's Reviews > Minding Frankie

120873
Feb 02, 11

bookshelves: vine-amazon
I own a copy

Every single time I pick up a Maeve book, it is like coming home after a long exhausting trip and falling into that comfortable easy chair, with the endless cups of hot tea at your side and all the favorite characters in Dublin hovering around ... if only life can be that comforting!! I read Maeve for the reasons I have stated above and for the fact that she really is a talented writer, who manages to keep the reader's interest in ordinary characters. Ordinary characters with ordinary concerns and issues ... and yet somehow she makes them special and interesting. She writes compellingly of life in Ireland that some day I must go there and see with my own eyes the beautiful land she loves so deeply.

I was so excited to get this advanced copy that I managed to read this within two days ... it helps that I am snowed in as well. I hated to see the end of this book as I didn't want to let go of the characters. I hope Binchy will write another one soon ... especially about that annoying social worker, Moira. I'd like to know what happened to her!!

Maeve's fans will love this book as well ... so don't hesitate to pick up this book!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Minding Frankie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kate Nice review - I feel the same way about this author. Have you tried Joanna Trollpe. She gives me that same sensation its like putting on your softest comfiest clothes.

Rachel Thank you! :o) I have read only one of Joanna Trollpe's books so I will definitely have to read more of her books! I love your statement of like putting on your softest comfiest clothes! It's PERFECT!